Well I have definitely got my stitching mojo back and the crochet has taken a back seat making a small appearance every now and again.
I cannot believe we are so far into the year it has been a quick one for me this year I have been and still am so busy at work I don't feel like I have a life sometimes but I am really looking forward to having time off for Christmas this year. I have a meet up with Tina, Lesley and Hazel we are all going to Hazel's in December meeting for an exchange and a stitch and natter, we did this last year and it was lovely to see everyone just before Christmas.
I have also decided to have a move around in my living room so I have a new allocated spot for my Christmas tree (yes don't judge I think about this when moving my furniture around what can I say I love my tree) I am really looking forward to seeing it in it's new home.
I have bought tickets for the knitting and stitching show in Harrogate in November so I have that to look forward to I am going with my mum who is a knitter, so no doubt I will be having a little spend although it is close to Christmas but you cannot go and not buy at least one thing. so a couple of things to look forward to in the up coming months.
Well on to stitching I have been a busy bunny some new buys and some progress. I managed to finish In the Meadow by Sampler girl, this has now been framed and is hanging pride of place in my living room with BP who has also had a trip to the framers.
My Frosty Friends ornies are not coming along very quickly but they are cute to stitch, I managed to finish the second one and start the third.
And a couple of new starts I bought a new Drawn Thread chart from Nimble Thimble at meet up arranged by Tina earlier this year so of course I just had to start it straight away. It is fab to stitch it is 1 over 2 so it stitches up so quickly
and a new JN start, although I really should finish the Christmas one I started about 2 or 3 years ago now first but who can resist a new start. There have been tears with this one as Mr Frog came to visit its now in the naughty box. All of the green you see at the bottom had to be pulled out as it was all one stitch out, yes one blummin stitch so annoying
I am also stitching BBD Mothers Garden which I have started for my mum as a Christmas pressie, I don't think she would find her way on to here (not comp savvy) but I don't want to chance it so I am keeping that one a secret for now. I have decided to change the colours on it as the threads for the flowers were too muted and my mums garden is always full of colour so I kept with the pinks but brightened them up buy adding a couple of Victorian Motto Threads Pink Candy and Faded Cranberry. I was quite disappointed with the colours in this chart they look very variegated and bright but IRL they are not, the pinks are more peachy/brown than what they appear in the cover photo on the chart, if you stitch this chart you may want to look at the colours for the flowers and the text 'Mothers Garden' before buying them in my opinion it was a waste of money for me.





3 comments:
Everything looks so lovely hun. Your framed pieces look fab. x
Beautiful frames for your recent finishes.
Lots of lovely progress you have been making too on the other projects, shame about the froggy vist.
You've been a busy girl,lots of lovely wip's,looking forward to seeing them in December.
Have fun at Harragate.
See you soon
Hugs
Tina xx
Post a Comment