Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Here's to blogging and new projects

I haven't been blogging for a while now and I decided it was time to get back into blogging more regularly.  Things have been busy for me since last year I have now started my long over due divorce which I am finding very emotional I didn't part on good terms with my ex and I find it very difficult to have contact with him, there have been a few anxiety attacks which I thought I was past but having contact with him has brought all the upset and emotions back to the surface.  Also I am tired all of the time and I cannot decide if I am deficient in something, emotionally drained or the dark and cold are making me feel more tired or maybe it is just a mix of everything, I think maybe a health check at the doctors might be in order.  I started a Yoga class last night which I really enjoyed and made me feel full of energy so maybe I'm just lacking in exercise mmm....  It was a lovely class there was only three of us in the class which made it a little more personal I am looking forward to going again next week.

I haven't been stitching at all I seem to have lost my stitching mojo to my crochet mojo, I am holding Hazel completely responsible for teaching me.  Everyone has been getting blankets I think I am driving everyone insane.  If in doubt make them a blanket.

I started and have now just finished with the exception of sewing in the ends on the black, this blanket for my lovely friend and work colleague Maxine, she is always oooing and aaaing at my projects when we have our girly wine nights, I decided as a birthday treat to make her a blanket based on colours in a vase she has in her home, it was as I said a birthday gift unfortunately it has become a little belated now as her birthday was the 9th Jan but I have shown her the blanket and I'm happy to say loves it.



Now the problem with learning to crochet is that you start projects for yourself and then they go out of the window when family requests start coming in.  It is my sisters birthday on the 9th March and guess what she wants for her birthday ??? a blanket to go in her newly decorated purple bedroom, so after pondering over purple wool and roaming the internet for ideas I came up with this


I found the pattern on a great blog The Adventures of the Gingerbread Lady it is a Crazy Patchwork Klimt Blanket although mine is a little less on the crazy side as I only had 5 colours to work with for my sisters project.

As I have mentioned in some of my previous blogs I have an ongoing saga with unfinished projects in my lovely home, I split with my husband before a lot of things could be finished.  So onto my latest homey project, I have found after inspecting rooms around the house that jobs I thought were finished are not what they appear, example I moved out a wardrobe in my spare bedroom and the skirting board fell off it would appear that rather than fixing the skirting to the wall my husband would just use furniture to hold them up DEEP BREATH so the lastest project is now my spare bedroom, so I thought I would delight you all with pictures of my very messing dumping ground



I am hoping in the next couple of weeks this will become a beautiful haven for my lovely guests to stay I am using Cath Kidston's beautiful flower designs as an inspiration

Well thats all from me for now sorry for the lack of excitment I promise to try harder on my next post, hopefully my blogging mojo will be back in force

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sometimes when the mind is full Tracy we need simple tasks to keep us busy. The crochet is just that, you can pick it up and put it down and no mental arithmetic needed like in the stitching.
Yoga is great for both the mind and body, i did it for 10 years, helps you to focus on the essential things in life and throw out the rubbish you dont need in it.
I hope the divorce goes through quickly and you can rebuild your life on a more settled emotional wavelength.

Lovely to see a post here. A great new blanket you have started and i love the one for your friend, well done for learning crochet.

Hazel said...

Love the blanket for Maxine. Well done on finishing it so quickly. Your sister's blanket looks great too. I always think your spare room is a haven anyway, compared to my house that is! Wishing you well hun. xx