Well I have had an active month this month. I thought my washing machine had broke I was all stressed out about having to go and buy a new one I had a look online picked one out switched my old one off at the wall, however when I switched it back on again it started working Wooo Hooo so no new washing machine, I'm guessing my old one is on it's way out but if I can get a few more months out of it I'll take it.
I don't know if I have told anyone but Hazel about the stress and misery of my french doors on the back of my house, well here's the tale (Sorry it's long winded please bear with me) about 4 years ago just before I split up with my ex we had new double glazed windows and french doors fitted, however the company who fitted them went into the red and stopped trading before I could get the snagging work done. One of the major snags was that my back doors wouldn't lock when they where both closed together, very strange as they would lock separately, so after brute force and ignorance we got them closed never opening them again for the fear of not getting them locked again. So over the past couple of years I have tried to claim back through the insurance for the windows with no success just being passed around to different companies. So on Saturday past I lost my temper it was a lovely sunny day I had my back garden done last year and I wanted to be out of my french doors I enjoy my garden so after throwing a full scale tantrum I opened them ... eek big mistake and panic as I couldn't them get them locked again, so as you can imagine stress and hair pulling soon followed, until I had a brain storm (they don't happen often honest it was a big deal) I thought maybe there are people out there that fix double glazing (no I'm not blonde) so I pulled out the yellow pages and started flicking and low and behold there was, so after a short phone call, a quote on Monday evening and then another visit on Tuesday evening my doors are fixed. So after 4 years of not being able to open my doors I can finally get them open to enjoy my garden, I think the guy who fixed the doors thought I was mad I was jumping about going YAAAY, it has totally confused the cats they don't know which door to meow at lol. I would just like to say I am so grateful that there are people out there like the guy who fixed my doors (and a leaky bow window) he didn't over charge me and was a genuinely nice person, I think sometimes we can forget that there still good people out there I have become so critical of people over the past few years because of things that have happened to me and it really helps to restore my faith in people.
Right now onto the important stuff. Firstly I would like to apologise to Lisa, I haven't forgot about the ribbons and bits I promised you life and work has completely taken over, I promise I will have them posted in the next couple of weeks I have even found an envelope big enough I have no excuse I will pull my finger out.
Now stitching the WIPocalpse went out of the window I just didn't have time to get any stitching in so unfortunately I missed the post date. So I have been working at my own pace on things, I have really gotten into working on my HAED's at the minute. I have managed to finish page 1 and page 8 of my Queen of Hearts by Rachel Anderson and 1 full page of Tears of Yesterday by Zindy Nielsen
Queen of Hearts
Tears of Yesterday (I haven't took another pic since finishing page 1 as I went straight onto page 2)


6 comments:
So pleased you managed to get your doors fixed. Your stitching is looking great. I have just started my first HAED.
I am glad you have finally had your doors fixed and you can enjoy using them again!
Lovely post hun and glad you got those french doors fixed. BBQ time now. xx
Lovely to see an update from you :) Glad you got your doors fixed.
Lovely progress on your stitching.
So glad you have got your doors fixed just in time for the lovely weather.Your wip's are looking fab.Keep it up!!!!
xx
I can see lots of happy hours spent sitting outside those doors enjoying your stitching and garden.
Post a Comment