a small furry cat, I have been leaving my White Musings the couch so if I fancy stitching it between other stuff I'm doing I can just pick it up but I had to move it as I came down yesterday morning to find it on the floor after my cat had pushed it off the couch so I thought the kitchen table would be a safe bet as he won't be able to jump that high as there are no chairs at the minute, Oh boy was I wrong I got up this morning to find it has been lay on, pulled at and because he has a urine infection at the minute it is smelly as well, I am totally gutted I don't know what to do with it he hasn't pulled at many stitches out but it is covered in hair as well, because the fabric is hand-dyed (Silkweavers Mocha) I don't know what to do about washing it I'm worried that the colour might run into the thread, I'm really annoyed with him but he's a cat and hasn't got clue what he's done wrong
Here is a pic the stitching is fixable it's just disappointing after working hard at it and it's my first attempt at speciality stitching
and the guilty party, don't be fooled he's not that cute
7 comments:
Use a lint roller to gently get the fur off.
Silkweaver's stuff USUALLY (don't quote me) washes not bad. If you are going to wash it (since it smells I don't think you have much of a choice). Do it in COLD water with a gentle soap like Orvus. Let it soak overnight... then let it rinse several times in clean old water.
Good luck!
Firstly, your first attempt at specialty stitches looks wonderful - well done!
Secondly I agree with the lint roller to get the fur off...I do that all the time - my cats don't go near my stitching - but they do go near me and it seems to get everywhere doesnt' it?
As for the smell...well I have never washed a piece of silkweaver fabric....but you could try putting one of thos colour catcher sheets in with it when you wash it (gently).
Good luck!
Thanx for your advice, I going to air it out for a bit and I think I'm going to try and soak it one night next week when I have time to spend with it properly (I might e-mail Tracy at Silkweavers to see what she suggests), my poor furbaby really isn't well DH is ringing the vet again tomorrow, just have to keep my stitching hidden until then this is the first time he's done anything like this he normally doesn't bother with my stitching
So sorry to hear about your stitching Tracy. I hope Silkweaver can help you. It looks gorgeous too:)
Hope your kitty is much better soon.
Did you get this sorted Tracy? It looks fab. xx
I have just left it for the minute as I was that disheartened about it the smell seems to have aired out I'm thinking of pulling it all out washing the material and starting again fresh
sorry to hear your Cat isn't well, hope he get's better soon
Your 1st attempt at speciality stitches is super, sorry I can't help as I've never washed a stitched piece before, my dog doesn't go near my stitching but his fur does, a lint roller is a great idea, thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment