Monday, 6 August 2007

Learning to Drive

I'm currently learning to drive I started last year but had to stop because of a problem with my foot, but now it's all fixed I decided to start up again it's amazing how much I remembered even though it was over 12 months ago, I had a two hour lesson tonight I've started to learn turn in the road and reversing around corners and a hill start which I have problems getting the handbrake on and off, it's pretty cool but I still have a way to go yet and I have to remember when changing gear to keep my eyes on the road as I keep drifting across the road (Scary)

6 comments:

Cindy said...

You'll get the hang of it :) I remember my little brother trying to teach me how to drive a clutch in a Minnesota snowstorm. I kept stalling the car when starting in first gear...and then did a terrible job of shifting. The worst was when I assumed that I had stalled it, and tried to start it when it was already running. He wasn't too happy about that :)

Sally said...

Good luck Tracy. You will wish you'd done it years ago when you get the hang of things. It all comes together all of a sudden.

Hazel said...

Good for you. I don't know how people live without knowing how to drive. It'll be so much easier for you to get around. xx

Jamie said...

Good luck! You'll get it in no time. I LOVE to drive.

Tracy Dixon said...

Thanks, guys I'm going this weekend to start to look for a car, DH is going to insure it for me and put me on as a named driver whilst I'm still learning

Dani - tkdchick said...

Don't worry you'll get it then driving will become second nature!

Of course I learnt how to drive a manual transmission after I had been driving an automatic for a few years.