I have decided that I would like to learn how to quilt in 2012. I have no idea where to start and was wondering if anyone out there could pass on any details/knowledge i.e. links to books that may be of use or just any words of wisdom that would help me get on my way
Thank you in advance for any help.
4 comments:
They do classes at local centres if you go to the library i'm sure they would have details
have you tried looking for classes in your area?
Quilting is etching I have never tried Tracy.
There is a ultra guild, bit like the embroiderer a, wonder if they have list of groups close to you.
Look for tutorials on the internet! When I first started to quilt I joined a LiveJournal community where we did 1 block a month. That helped to learn a lot of basics and have people to ask questions of and learn from. Most quilting projects can be broken down to straight lines :) I would recommend looking at www.modabakeshop.com as they have tons of free projects, with excellent step by step instructions and photos. I've used this http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/01/simple-little-runner.html as a starter project for a couple of friends. Don't be intimidating by quilting, it can be broken down into manageable steps!
Post a Comment